One computer down...

one to go.

Of course the one that is dying is the one I primarily use, since it is conveniently located so I can sit and type and still be hugged by the Impling. Who, coincidenataly, should be going to SLEEP for her NAP right now, but who is happily squealing behind her door.

*sigh*

She is SO not interested. Tucked in, kissed, tucked in again.

It's been a week of challenges. A week of loss.

I dismantled my master easel and brought it down to the basement to storage. So I said goodbye to my pipedreams of spending uninterrupted hours squishing and smearing paint and feeling the lovely pull of the hairs of the brush as it swipes across a rough patch of canvas. A newly stretched linen canvas that still has the gamey odor of rabbit skin glue.

I managed somehow, to NOT learn from the first time NOT to leave my glasses on the dining table. I am now out two pairs of glasses. Within a week. Each pair brought to me by a sorrowful little Impling who handed the mangled frames to me with big eyes. My favorite glasses. I have only my prescription sunglasses left because we are too damn broke to fix or replace the broken ones now.

I'll just pretend to be Matisse for a month or so. Could be worse.

How?

Could be raining.

Young Frankenstein intrusion alert! It's just been one of those weeks. Months.

My Mom was daignosed with diabetes. I had the opportunity to watch as she took her blood sugar one day when she visited. Like being punched in the gut. She took it very matter of factly, and seemed quite at ease with the whole thing. She is not dangerously diabetic, not on insulin, just has to watch her diet and check her blood suger with the little needle pen twice a day. Every day. So there's that.

Lastly, there's the other side of the family.

When my Hub's family comes up we always hold our breath. Because it seems like (actually, this is now fact) EVERY time they have come up, they have been involved in a car accident. Last time it was debris on the Tappanzee Bridge that blew out one of their tires. It took out a couple of other cars as well. THIS time, they were rear ended. Fault of the other driver, but could have been avoided. Everyone was fine, the car took about $3000. worth of damge, which insurance will cover. The most difficult part of this is that it's time for my MIL to confront the fact that she needs to talk with FIL about giving up his license. And it's not going to be an easy conversation.

So, it looks like we'll be visiting them from now on.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!

Ah. Better.

Comments

Her Bad Mother said…
Ah, your week. Maybe better with smudged glasses, no?

But then you couldn't feast your eyes on that gorgeous childness!
Mom101 said…
thank you for including my most quoted quote ever. Ah, Marty Doyle, if only I knew ye...

I hope your week goes better. As for the diabetes, my father was diagnosed nearly 10 years ago. It's absolutely controllable. You won't even think about it after a while.
Debbie said…
that all effing SUCKS. and I'm pissed that you may not be posting very much anymore due to the 'puter elimination dilemma.

noooooo. say it ain't so.

(hi. you mention all that stuff that's bad, and all I can think about is me, and my needs. which include reading your posts. I'm selfish.)

I hope things take a turn for the better, generally.

p.s. the Impling is getting more divine by the day.
Namito said…
Thanks for the sympathy, all. Needed it.

lildb,

yup, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. But I will be back to posting and writing more often (I hope) after we play apartment Tetris and rearrange furniture and computers into a more tot-friendly formation.

Popular Posts