Long distance meme

And Here's the Campfire.

My good mate Carolie...all the way on the other side of the globe, has managed to reach over 7000 miles to tag me for a meme.

I need a break from writing “the story” in a most desperate way. So I'm going to curl up by Carolie's campfire with some marshmallows and meme away.

Rules:

  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. check.

  • Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
    Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

  • Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.

The Meme:

  • Five Random/Weird Facts About Me:

    • I was born on the same day as my youngest uncle. May 27th. Of course, we are 23 years apart. But 1969 was a pretty fun year to be born.

    • When I was a wee one of 5 or 6, my Mom made most of our clothes. She also volunteered us (me, my older brother and younger sister) for modeling her clothes in some fashion show I don't really remember.

    • I make a mean Chocolate mousse.

    • When I was 18 I worked as a volunteer for the Royal National Eisteddfod in Wales. That year it was in Newport, in South Wales. I lived in a little village called Rhiwderyn and walked a couple of miles to work each day through the Welsh countryside. The best part of this walk was climbing over the fence turnstiles at the foot of a grassy hill surmounted by old Roman ruins.

    • When I was a kid, my older brother packed up his huge, five string double bass and headed out to Tanglewood for a summer studying with “Tiny” Martin and other members of the BSO. My little sister and I, for the July 4th bash, were given the jobs of gate runners. Which meant, basically, that we pressed our little faces up against the gates with hundreds of other concert crazies, waited for it to open, panting and chomping at the bit, and when it finally did, left the gate at full gallop, blankets streaming behind us like superhero capes as we made the mad dash across the green perfect lawns to our favorite spot by the big tree near the main shed. There we spread the blankets and collapsed into jellylike lumps to wait for our parents to catch up. They would bring the lunch/snack/dinner basket. In the meantime we watched a small city spring up around us. A few blankets away, a card table was erected, spread with snowy white linen, and set with china and wine glasses. Over behind the shed on the other side of a line trees, we could see hot air balloons begin to swell and rise over the foliage. A line of cannons waited quietly on the lawn for their moment, hours away as of yet, when they would fire and bring down a rain of fireworks that would all but obliterate the strains of Tchaikovsky blasting from the shed. But what did it matter? We were young, happy, and dreamed young dreams of flying off in those hot air balloons that would eventually rise from the earth and float away over the mountains.

  • Top five places I want to visit or visit again:

    • Tanglewood

    • Japan

    • Wales

    • Machu Pichu

    • Greece

  • Tag! (with no obligation included. Memes are completely optional. And not for everyone. You have to be in the mood. Or you may have already done this one.) ahem. Not to mention that since I've all but stopped reading and commenting on blogs, the immediate reaction of my tagees will probably be...you want me to do what? Who are you again? tag? Yeah. Right.


Comments

carrie said…
Yum, I want some of your chocolate mousse! :)

Thanks for the tag -- just what I needed! :)
flutter said…
this was fun to read!
Pendullum said…
Can not wait to come over for some mouuuuuuseee!!!!
Carolie said…
Mmmmm...mousse! I'll share icing with the Impling anytime! I'd never heard of the Royal National Eisteddfod in Wales...had to look it up. Fascinating!!

Come visit me in Japan, and we'll continue around the world to Greece and Wales...and more! But I guess we'll have to rob a bank or win the lottery first. Darn.

Thanks so much for playing!
Anonymous said…
OK, I own it, I'm slow. But I do respond, eventually...

Thanks for the tag, I've responded quite dutifully!

Popular Posts