Houston, we have logic.

Okay. I know. KNOW that nap time is short lived. I heard all about the phenomenon of three year olds suddenly refusing to nap. I dread the day this happens and sucks up the precious hour and a half I have to myself during the day to nap myself. We've had our share of battles over the impending "you-know-what". But with (mostly) good humor and an attitude that it is inevitable, I've usually managed to wrestle a nap out of my girl. Sometimes there are tears.

Then I've been known to say to Impling..."I know you are tired, look, you're so tired you're crying."

I was hoisted today, my friends.

I hear a chirpy, "Want a hug and a kiss from Mommy!"
and go in to a smiling face. I sit beside her and tuck the covers in. The Impling looks at me with a little smile.

"Look! Impling's happy!"

The smile expands.

"Impling's not crying!"

Now we have a grin. Understanding is slowly illuminating my brain, like a low watt lightbulb. Uh Oh.

"Impling's not tired!"

big grin.

"Impling's happy!" she chirps again. Smile smile smile...

giggle.

Guess who didn't have a nap today.

Couldn't exactly enforce it while laughing hysterically into her pillow, could I?

I'm doomed.


DOOMED.

Comments

Blog Antagonist said…
Ah, yes, the end of the napping days. It's a sad, sad thing. So it is when 8:00 is no longer bedtime. SIGH.
I hope this doom is contagious.
I don't want it to ever end...
Defiantmuse said…
dude, I sooo dread this day. lol.
already Monkey is not even 10 months and she's starting to refuse her afternoon nap some days (still pretty consistent about the morning nap though, luckily)....
carrie said…
All my kids gave up regular napping before age 2! You, were lucky to have such a long winning streak!
Debbie said…
you always inspire me, Paula.

I love your bright soul.
Girlplustwo said…
we just lost the nap. i mourn the nap. i covet the nap.
Namito said…
I think I want a t-shirt that says

"I covet the nap."

lildb...thanks for the warm fuzzies!

Popular Posts