Ye gods, a meme a meme.

with thanks to Bub & Pie...

The rules:
-Grab the book closest to you
-Open to page 123
-Scroll down to the 5th sentence
-Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog
-Name of the book and the author
-Tag 3 people

After finding that Sheep in a Jeep won't work for this one (I hid it behind the computer to save my sanity), and the now obsolete medical textbooks would be just too damn STIMULATING, don't you know, I finally got my hands on the closest book. Which is actually one my Hub is reading. But it's the closest.

"During the 1930's the Gluecks had been conducting important retrospective studies of delinquency. In 1939 they obtained funding to conduct a prospective study in order to contrast young juvenile delinquents with their socioeconomically matched non-delinquent peers. Between 1940 and 1944, the Gluecks selected the Core-City men from Boston inner-city schools on the basis of their not being known to be seriously delinquent."

The Wisdom of the Ego, by George E. Vaillant.

Well now. I guess I'm going to have to read this after all.

Oh. And I tag soleclaw, lildb and kc. Just 'cause I'm curious.

Comments

Debbie said…
I normally kinda get freaked out by memes, but I'm gonna take this one on.

rarrr!

and thanks for picking me, sweet friend. :)
KC said…
Wowsers! I'm late to the party. But, that's my theme lately...off to post!

Popular Posts