Chocolate Collon and other treats.

Ok. Raise your hand if the thought of having a colonoscopy sends not so pleasant shivers down your spine. Keep it up if you have no intention of ever putting yourself through one.

Shame on you. You should be taking better care of yourself.

Let's try to put our collective minds at ease about this oft but not oft enough performed procedure. Here is the wonderful Little Bald Doctors to take us through the wonderful world of colonoscopy prep. What to expect, when to expect it (mostly). And more importantly, how to just be. Laughing in the face of adversity...a lesson I need to learn.

If all the adversity I face today is an Impling who swipes saliva all over the monitor screen as I type this not-so-intelligent ode to a perfect post, I'm in damn good shape.

Life could be a hell of a lot worse.

The Impling says: Listen to Dr. Cow. Get a colonoscopy.
















Feel free to get on your loved ones asses about this. Seriously. And don't forget to sweeten the encouragement with a pack of chocolate collon. It may just be the encouragement they need.

Comments

Unknown said…
I've put off the colonoscopy for years, and then actually made an appointment this year. You know what? My insurance CO would not pay for the prep, which, because of my HCM, was a special med, and cost about $70, money that I could not afford. So I had to decline the procedure. Isn't that special?
Damn straight! I'll be scheduling one in the next year, if my insurance company allows. Not looking forward to it, though. Noooo. Not one bit. But it's necessary.
Kevin Charnas said…
Okay...but why can't they supply martini's while they're doing it???

Ohh...that would probably make it a date then, huh?

Popular Posts